If you enjoy reading and writing humorous poetry, then you might be interested in applying for the Winning Writers Poetry Humor Contest. This contest is free to enter and there are fantastic prizes to be won. Hurry. The deadline is quite close.
What Prizes Will Be Awarded to Winners?
- The first prize winner will receive a cash award of $1000
- The second prize winner will get a $500 cash prize
- Ten poets will receive honorable mentions and a cash prize of $100 each.
- All the top 12 entries will be published on the organizer’s site
How To Apply
- Write and submit one humor poem
- The poem should be up to 250 lines (please do not exceed the line count)
- Published and unpublished poems will be considered.
- All submissions must be in English language. However, you can include a few lines of inspired gibberish. Do this in moderation though.
- submit only one poem
- The judges prefer to read submissions without bias. Please remove all identifying information from the manuscript
- Submit before the April 1st, 2019 deadline
- To submit your poem, visit the Winning Writer’submittable page.
You might also be interested in The Singing Bullet Poetry Workshop Scholarship —Apply (Awards: Worth $200)
Use the preferred font type.
- 12-point type or larger.
- You can use either types new Romans, Ariel or Sans font
- Please avoid fancy, hard-to-read fonts.
This contest will be judged by:
- Jendi Reiter,
- and Lauren Singer Ledoux.