- in the romance suspense or crime thriller subgenre. Ensure that your story has compelling romantic elements.
• *suggestion: Visit the mills and boons and Harlequin website. They often publish free high quality short romance suspense stories on their free online reads segment.
More Submissions Guidelines:
- They thoroughly enjoy stories that feature bad boys, bad girls and dark hero(in)es, gangsters and vigilantes, rule-breakers and rogues. Avoid stereo typically saintly characters.
Your lead tarnished characters must be sympathetic and better still, empathetic, even when they are breaking hearts and shedding blood.
• Think John Luther from the Luther TV series, or Omar Little from The Wire or Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy or Patty Hewes from Damages.
- Your lead characters must be African.
- The publishers prefer stories set mainly in Africa, but if you have a storiy set outside Africa, feel free to submit it. What matters is that the story features Africans.
- Word count: 10, 000 to 20, 000 words
- Heat level can be anywhere from sweet to spicy
- Please give your story an optimistic ending. This ending can be either Happy For Now or Happy Ever After
- Ensure that your manuscript meets the formatting guidelines
Manuscripts formatting guidelines:
• FORMAT: doc,
• FONT: Times New Roman,
• SIZE: 12
• LINE SPACING: Double-spaced
- Send your story as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your entry before the June 9th, 2019 deadline.
Forward all inquiries to email@example.com. Publication contracts will be offered for successful submissions.