The Quramo Writers’ Prize is a literary award for an unpublished work of fiction, open to new and emerging African writers. The prize was set up by Quramo Publishing Limited and comes with a cash prize of ₦1,000,000 to the winner, plus a manuscript deal with Quramo. The deadline for submissions is 30 July, 2020.
- The prize is open to ONLY African writers. This includes those on the continent and in the diaspora.
- There is no entry fee to submit.
- All entrants must be 18 years or older.
How to Submit:
- Submit a work of fiction that is not below 30,000 words.
- The work must be original and unpublished.
- The manuscript should be formatted using a Times New Romans font, 12 pt., and should be left justified, with a 1.5 line spacing. The manuscript must be submitted as an MS Word file.
- Also attach a sperate document, which should include: a 150-word synopsis of the manuscript; a brief bio; full (legal) name; physical and email address; and your phone number.
- No simultaneous submission will be considered.
- No identifying information should be included on the manuscript.
- Only online submissions will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is July 30, 2020.
- Submit here.
- To get your manuscript in the best possible shape, check out these articles here and here.
- The winner of the Quramo Writers’ Prize revives ₦1,000,000 in cash prize.
- The winner will also get a publishing contract with Quramo Publishing Limited.