Query Letter is currently accepting made-up blurbs for their blurb contest. They want you to get creative, let your imagination run wild. Write an original blurb of an imaginary book and submit it to their contest.
From their blog: “Write and submit a back cover blurb of 100 words or fewer that sets the stage for a novel, establishes the characters, and raises the stakes in a way that makes readers want to find out more.
The submitted blurbs will be judged by our team of query letter writers based on how effectively they hook readers, taking into account the writing style and the overall impression.”
Who is Eligible to Submit to Query Letter Blurb Contest:
- Anyone from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit an original blurb of no more than 100 words.
- The blurb must be of an imaginary book.
- You may submit more than one entry. However, each entry must be unique.
- By applying, you grant Query Letter the right to publish your entry.
- Submit to the organizer’s website.
- The deadline for entry is September 15, 2020.
- The winning blurb entry will receive $500.