Puchi Award competition is open to books in any genre or form: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, novels, comics, picture books, essays, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type imaginable. We’re looking for one-of-a-kind book,
or even a whole new kind of book.
Submission Guidelinesy for Puchi Award 2021
Puchi Award will be governed by the following rules:
- This competition is open to literary and graphic projects of any kind that stand out by virtue of their premise, literary and graphic quality, originality, unconventionality or mould-shattering conception.
- A book can contain everything and anything, and that is precisely what this contest wants: fiction and non-fiction, essays, informative literature, poetry, illustration, comics, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type of work.
The aim of this award is to shine a spotlight on works of the highest quality and originality.
- Projects must be submitted via the form posted on La Casa Encendida website.
- Contestants may submit only finished works that have never been published, at least not with an ISBN and/or for commercial distribution.
- La Casa Encendida and Fulgencio Pimentel will have the final say regarding design and production aspects of the book.
- Works may be written in any language, although a provisional translation into English of at least two pages must also be submitted. The entry form, curriculum vitae, summary and statement of motivation, and production requirements must all be submitted in English.
- Materials may be uploaded to the website in the following formats:
- PDF up to 15 MB
- Images: JPG up to 10 MB; images must measure 900 x 540 (w x h), with one side equal to and the other side equal to or less than the stipulated measurements for width and height, according to the proportions of the original image (maximum of 15 images)
- Previous works may also be shown, following the guidelines provided on the website.
- Submitted works that do not comply with these requirements will be disqualified by the jury.
- The award recipient will grant the publishers exclusive worldwide rights to the winning work, including all reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation rights, for a period of 10 years.
- Reception of the prize money is contingent on the completion and publication of the winning work. If the award recipient fails to deliver the finished project by the date(s) agreed upon by both parties, the organisers may demand reimbursement of the total prize amount.
- The winner will be entitled to receive 25 copies of his/her work. The publishers may exercise their rights to the winning work for themselves or sign any exclusive or non-exclusive agreements with third parties deemed necessary to facilitate the exercise and application of those rights and in various forms in other countries.
- The author will not be entitled to any sums other than that received as a cash prize, which for contractual purposes will be treated as an advance until the amount has been settled in full.
- All authors of legal age from Spain or any other country are eligible to submit one or more original, unpublished works.
- There is no entry fee.
Projects may be submitted between 15th December 2020 and 18th February 2021 at 14:00 (GTM+1), both dates included. Submissions sent before or after this period will not be accepted.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €8,000 (VAT and all other taxes included, as an advance on the rights of the published work) and have his/her work published and distributed by Fulgencio Pimentel.
- Excepcionally, a Special Jury Award may be awarded. This excepcional award would imply the project publication.