Ottawa tourism travel writing contest began as a perfect story telling guide to a beautiful city.
The tourism travel writing award on Ottawa is the perfect way to let other people experience some of Canada’s best attractions, celebrations and flavours in one welcoming city. With its peculiar blend of urban and rural beauty, year-round outdoor activities, and vibrant neighbourhoods, the Ottawa region is best explored over three days or more. So what’s it like writing about a travel experience?
Eligibility for Ottawa Tourism Travel Contest
- Entry is free
- Eligible entries include items in English or in French that have appeared in magazines, newspapers, or online media in 2022 that highlight Ottawa as a travel destination.
- The story must focus on Ottawa!
- Anyone can apply.
Submission Guidelines for Ottawa Tourism Travel Writing Contest 2023
- Each entry must include a PDF or a link to the article along with the name, address, e-mail address and telephone number of the entrant, the name of the publication and the date the item was published.
- Entries must have appeared in print or online between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
- The story must be non-fiction, in feature writing style.
- There is no fee to enter, nor a limit on the number of articles an individual may submit (though each entry must be submitted separately).
- The submissions must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, February 2, 2024.
- Submit your entry to [email protected]
- Ottawa Tourism offers an annual $500 CAD prize for outstanding travel writing featuring Canada’s Capital Region.