The submission window for the 2019 edition of the K & L Prize for African Literature is open. Writers are invited to submit their original short stories for consideration.
The K & L Prize will be awarded for the best piece of unpublished short fiction written by an African Writer.
- Writers must be from an African country
- Only writers living in Africa are eligible
- Participants must be within the ages of 18 to 25.
- Stories must revolve around the theme of history. Select an event in Africa’s History and spin a tale inspired by that period. Learn all you need to know about the theme of your story.
- All stories must be in English and should be between 1000 – 2000 words
How To Apply
- Ensure that your story is within the word count (1000 – 2000 words)
- Email all entries as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Don’t forget to include a brief bio (age, nationality and location included). Put your bio in the body of the email.
- The subject or title of the email should include your name, age and short story title.
- All submissions must be sent before the Deadline: 1st of December 2018.
To be announced soon.
Winners will be announced on the 1st of December 2019. This prize is being sponsored by Myles Idoko Ojabo for emerging writers in Africa. His aim is to inspire and support more diverse creative stories from the continent.
Forward all inquiries to : firstname.lastname@example.org.