Jerry Jazz Musician is currently seeking short story submissions for its 55th contest. The author of the winning short story will receive $100 and publication on Jerry Jazz Musician site. Also, the winning story might be published in an annual anthology or magazine.
The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2020.
About Jerry Jazz Musician Contest:
Jerry Jazz Musician awards a prize to the best original and previously unpublished short story (in their opinion) submitted to them. The prize is awarded thrice a year.
The winner of the contest is announced on the site, and the story will be published and remain permanently on the site. The prize is judged by the Jerry Jazz Musician team.
Who is Eligible to Submit to Jerry Jazz Musician Contest:
- Anyone from anywhere in the world.
- There is no entry fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a short story of no more than 3000 words. (Stories that are up to 4000 words will also be considered).
- The story could be on any theme. However, Jerry Jazz Musician Contest readers are interested in stories about music, social history, literature, politics, art, film and theater.
- You can only submit a single story.
- Your submission could be a Word document or a PDF file.
- The subject of your email should read: “Short Fiction Contest Submission”.
- Your submission should be sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2020.
- The winner will be announced by November 10, 2020.
To Better Your Submission:
Check out these reviews and recommended stories here and here, and these tips from TJ Benson on how to write good short stories,
- The winning story will be awarded $100.
- The story will also be published on the Jerry Jazz Musician site, and, possibly, in an annual story anthology or literary magazine.
- Shortlisted stories will also be considered for publication.