The Masters Reviews prides itself as a platform for emerging writers. They are currently inviting new writers to submit short stories and narrative non-fiction for publication. They pay 10 cents per word, up to $200. And there is no entry fee for its ‘new voices’ category.
Who is Eligible?
- Writers who have not published a novel-length work of fiction or narrative nonfiction.
- Any writer who doesn’t have a novel forthcoming at the time of submission
- Published short-story collections do not count as a novel-length work. Authors who have published short story collections are free to submit.
How to apply
- All entries must be sent via their submittable page
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed so long as you notify them if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- Word count: Not more than 7,000 words.
- Send only one entry at a time.
- Remember to send a cover letter which includes a brief bio and your previous publications (if any)
New Voices are published online only and will feature a number of stories from new authors each month.
Here’s what the editors say.
We do accept a variety of genres and styles, our only requirement is that you show excellence in your craft. We want to be wowed. Bend genres, experiment with structure, and write your heart out. But please, send us polished work. Our aim is to showcase writers who we believe will continue to produce great work. Send us only your best.
Good luck everyone!