The Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter announces call for submission of quality essays and poems from both burgeoning and established writers across the nation to mark one of its 2016 literary
events tagged ”PROF. CHINUA ACHEBE: A LITERARY
This annual event which is the first of its kind is a literary event initiated to honor and celebrate the life and the works of the Literary Legend Late Prof. Chinua Achebe who was born on the 16th day of November 1930, and also to recognize his great achievements, legacies and inputs in the world of literature.
The great occasion which is slated to take place on the 16th of November 2016 at Prof. Kenneth Dike E-Library Awka Anambra State at 10.am, is being organized by the Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter, in collaboration with the Anambra State Library Board Awka in the memory of the great literary Pioneer in whose name it is tagged.
In the cause of marking this event and with the aim of making it remarkable indeed, call for submissions is opened, both to burgeoning and established writers to submit their well-constructed essays and poetries.
The essay or poetry MUST be written in the memory of Chinua Achebe and would be presented at the event by the author (if present).
Guidelines for Submission
1. Essay or Poetry MUST be in the memory of Achebe, and may focus on his life, works, personality, writing style or other areas.
2. The essay or Poetry Should be BRIEF and CONCISE. Maximum of 750 words for essays and maximum of 40 lines for poetry.
3. Author’s information; contact address, phone number, e-mail address and a short bio of no more than 50 words. should be included in the submission.
4. Submission is open to all.
5. Writer may choose any interesting title of his choice.
6. Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Submission must be made on or before 30th October 2016.
8. Entries must be written in English and must be original work of the author.
All the accepted essays and poems would be published in the even magazine and in various literary blogs and websites, to the writer’s credit, subject to his approval.
Aside the publication and the promotion of the submitted entries, Authors of the best ten essays and poetry would be given outstanding recognition and rewards at the event…
The Society of Young Nigerian Writers, Anambra State Chapter in collaboration with the Anambra State Library.
Submission Deadline is 30th October 2016.
For inquiries or support, e-mail: email@example.com
call 07062208603, Izunna I. Okafor (the Coordinator SYNW Anambra Chapter) or
07062696058, Ojiego Chidiebere, P.R.O SYNW Anambra Chapter.
Our facebook page is: