Facet Jewelry is a resource for jewelry-making projects and a sister publication of Bead & Button magazine. They want designs in these categories: stitching, stringing, metal, wire, clays, resin, fibre & cord, and other, in which projects incorporating glass are desirable; those including gemstones, cabochons, uncut stones or similar will be considered, but only if the project has components that can be substituted with ease.
The pay is competitive, unspecified, and on acceptance. They pay expenses if agreed upon in advance. Full payment is made when they have accepted all photos and text-based instructions.
One advantage of publishing with Facet is their ability to market your project throughout the jewelry-making community via various online tools. Response time for projects is 2-3 weeks, and for articles/queries on new products, book reviews, jewelry-making or beading-related events, the publication is between 4-6 weeks.
How To Submit
If you are interested in this opportunity, read the guidelines below –
- Proposals must be for your original work. You are eligible to submit a proposal if your projects have been taught in classes or workshops. However, your project should not have been previously professionally published.
- Designers should submit three photos of a piece, a brief description of the piece and the process used to make it, including skill level and all required tools, safety equipment, materials used, and sources or suppliers (or an indication of ease of acquiring similar supplies).
- Include information about your social media presence, success with your own website and marketing efforts, or any other relevant information about how they can partner to promote your work online.
- Submit your project in a Word document. It should include a brief bio/credentials. If you are a first-timer, your project will be accepted.
- Photos should be submitted separately.
All submissions should be sent to www.FacetJewelry.com/Submissions. Goodluck