Birdfeast, which began as an online poetry magazine in 2011, now accepts not just poetry, but also fiction, nonfiction, hybrid works, visual poetry, translations, erasures, grocery lists, dream journals, and gardening tips. The magazine has published many amazing writers, including Saddiq Dzukogi, Gabrielle Bates, Chen Chen, and tons of others. There is no specific deadline for submissions, but the submission portal closes as soon as Birdfeast hits its cap; it reopens on the 1st of the following month.
Who is Eligible:
- Any writer from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit no more than 8 pages of work, whether its fiction, nonfiction, poetry, or gardening tips.
- You may submit multiple genres at once, but make sure you submit them as a single file and all the submission still doesn’t exceed 8 pages.
- You can submit only twice per year.
- If you want to know what they’re looking for, check out their latest issue.
- If your submission is ready, shoot!