The 2020 Awele Creative Trust Award is open for entries.
Founded in 2013 by the NLNG Prize-winning novelist Chika Unigwe, as an initiative of her Awele Creative Trust, the Short Story Award recognizes the best unpublished fiction by a writer living in Nigeria, irrespective of nationality, and between the ages of 16 and 26. Previous winners include Caleb Adebayo
for 2014, Nneoma Ike Njoku for 2015, Caleb Somtochukwu Okereke and Anthony Ezekwoh for 2016, and Imade Iyamu for 2017.
Call for short stories for the 2020 ACT Award. Entries will be accepted from November 25 to December 31, 2020.
Eligibilty For The Awele Creative Trust
- Entrant must be African
- Entrants must be between ages 16 to 26.
- Only Nigerians are Eligible
- Applicants must be living in Nigeria
- Previously published works are not eligible for the ACT award.
- Only one story per author will be considered.
- Only fictional work is eligible.
- Poems are not required, just prose.
- Works must be between 2,500 and 5,000 words.
- Submissions should include a cover note with the name, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number of the author.
- Submissions should be made by e-mail only to [email protected]
- Works translated into English from any Nigerian languages are eligible.
- Should such a work win, N20,000 of the prize money will go to the translator.
For more information, email [email protected]
- Edit your work thoroughly before sending it in.
The Prize to be given has not been announced, but certainly, the award has a prize attached to it.