A press that’s known for their visual publishing and their dedication to producing beautiful books, Nobrow has called for entries for their short story competition. The competition is worth over $4500, and is for a short story or creative non-fiction piece of not more than 3000 words on the theme of “The Censor”.
According to their blog: “We are looking for inclusive, surprising, ingenious and diverse responses that capture our minds and hold us until every word is devoured.”
Submissions are open until the 9th of December, 2019.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Any writer from anywhere in the world.
- There is no entry fee.
How to Apply:
- Submit a short story or creative non-fiction piece that does not exceed 3000 words.
- The story must be on the theme of “The Censor”; it could be censorship that happened in the past, that’s happening now, or that will happen.
- Your entry should be double-spaced, 12pt, and should have page numbers.
- Send your entry to email@example.com.
- The title of your email should read: “Nobrow Short Story Competition”.
- Your entry should be attached as a Word document or PDF file.
- The title of the entry should be the title of the document.
- In the body of the email, state if the entry is fiction or non-fiction.
- Do not include your name or any identifying information anywhere on the entry.
- The deadline for submission is the 9th of December, 2019.
- An overall winner will receive £2000.
- The other eleven shortlisted writers will receive £150 each.
- All winners will have their stories published in Nobrow’s short story anthology, and each winner will receive two complimentary copies of the anthology.
- Winners will also be invited to attend events which will include a launch and readings.