The 2018 African Writers Awards is open for submissions. This award is organized by the African Writers Development Trust (AWDT) , and will be given to the best prose fiction, and poetry writers. All you have to do is send in your entry. The writing contest is organized annually as part of the African Writers Conference.
Rules and Guidelines:
- All entries must be in English
- Send only unpublished works
- One entry per person (don’t apply to more than one category)
- Submissions must include a brief bio, a recent photograph and links to social media pages, websites, etc
- Entries should be submitted before the 13th October, 2018 deadline.
How To Apply:
- Write an outstanding short story or a poem. Ensure that your entry doesn’t exceed the word count.
- Flash fiction – 300 words or less.
- Children stories – maximum of 1,500 words . Feel free to send Illustrations (Illustrations are optional, though).
- Short stories – 2,500 words – 5,000 words
- Poetry – 30 lines or less
2. Submit all entries via the African Writers Conference (AWC) page or Click HERE.
Who Is Eligible?
- Writers Of African Origin
- Writers who are serious about honing their craft
- Cash awards for four writers (one from each category). If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to make money writing, this might be your chance.
- Invitation to the African Writers Conference on December 1, 2018, at 6 p.m.
Judges include Nahida Esmail,, Nyashadzashe Chikumbu, Anthony Onugba Edith Knight Magak and, Kolabomi Adeko,
If you lack unique story ideas, you can find inspiration on this list.
Pingback: The 2018 Lagos Poetry Festival—Register – Creative Writing News