The Writivism short story prize has opened for submissions. Last year was quite an eventful year. One of my friends, Nnedinma Jane Kalu, made the shortlist with her beautiful story, Social Studies. And Pemi Aguda won with Caterer, Caterer. I really enjoyed reading Caterer, Caterer, too.
Organised by the Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE)., the Writivism Short Story Prize is an annual award for emerging African writers.
- Writers must be resident in an African country
- Stories must be previously unpublished
- Entrants must not have any published books.
- Submissions must be between 2500 – 3500 words
- Entries must be emailed to [email protected] as attachments (not in the body email), clearly labeled in the subject: 2016 Writivism Short Story Prize.
- Selected writers will be invited to participate in readings at the Writivism Festival and in schools.
- Submissions must be sent from January 30 until March 31, 2016.
Good luck to all those who apply.