Uncanny Magazine is Accepting Submissions for Flash Fiction
This award-winning speculative fiction magazine, Uncanny, will open for flash fiction submissions on 1stFebruary; there is no deadline given yet. Please do not send other genres, or longer works, during this submission period. Their submission portal will be open during the reading period.
Opens on: 1 February 2023
Eligibility For Uncanny Magazine Submissions
- There is no reading fee required. Entry is Free
- There is no restriction on geographical area. Writers from around the world can send in submissions
Submission Guidelines for Fiction
- Uncanny is looking for original, unpublished speculative fiction stories between 750-10,000 words.
- Payment is $.10 per word (including audio rights).
- They will reject any story that doesn’t follow their guidelines and procedures. You may not resubmit a rejected story. If you aren’t sure if your story counts as unpublished, please send them a query .
- Please submit your story via Uncanny‘s Moksha submission system.
- All stories should be in Modern Manuscript Formatand attached in .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX formats. Please feel free to include your pronouns (optional) along with your name and email address in the upper left corner of your manuscript. Note, you do not need to add your mailing address or legal name to your manuscript. They will only ask for that information if your story is chosen for publication.
- Your cover letter should contain the length of your story, your significant publishing history and awards, and information that might be relevant to that specific submission.
- Please do not send multiple submissions at once.
- They try to respond to all submissions in 30 days.
- Publication on their site and Payment depending on how many words your entry is.