In honor of Jules Verne’s classic novel “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”, which was published on June 20, 1870, Pole to Pole Publishing seeks submissions for an anthology of stories that “aim to capture the sense of wonder and adventure for which Jules Verne is famous.” The anthology, “Twenty Thousand Leagues Remembered”, is to honor Jules Verne and the wonder that is “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”, a novel which has moved people to explore—almost 250 years since it was first published, it has inspired countless submariners, undersea explorers, and ship designers, and everyone who has read the book.
The deadline for submissions to “Twenty Thousand Leagues Remembered” is April 30, 2020, or until filled.
Who is Eligible:
- Anyone who is familiar with Jules Verne’s novel “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a short story of between 3000—5000 words.
- The story must capture, in your own way, the adventure and wonder for which Jules Verne is famous.
- Formatting: Times New Romans, 12 pt., no headers or footers. Curly quotes. Italics, no underlines. A first line indent, no tabs.
- NOTE that First Person and Present Tense are mostly rejected by Pole to Pole Publishing.
- The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2020, or much earlier—the submission portal will close as soon as the anthology is filled.
- Submit here.
- 2¢ per word.
- $15 flat rate for reprints.
- All contributors will receive one copy of both the electronic and paperback versions of the anthology. Contributors can buy additional books at a discount.
- The payment will be via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, don’t submit.
You can also check here for another call for submission.