No Tokens, “a journal that celebrates work that is felt in the spine”, has launched a prize for young poets. The magazine has published such writers as Kiprop Kimutai, Kristin Chang, and Omatara James. The Young Poets’ Prize is open to all poets of ages eighteen and under. The deadline is October 1st, 2019.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the No Tokens Young Poets’ Prize?
- Entrants may come from anywhere in the world.
- No entry fee is required.
- Entrants must be eighteen years of age or under.
- The prize is open to poets only. No short story submissions.
Who are the Judges?
The No Tokens editorial team will be judging and selecting the three prize-winning poems.
How to Apply.
- Send up to 5 poems in a single document.
- Poems must be in English.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable.
- Please include your name and contact information on the first page of your submission.
- Submit your entry via the No Tokens Submittable Account.
- Please note that submissions for the prize closes by October 1st, 2019.
- Three prizes will be awarded to three poems (first, second and third) in the amount of $300, $200, and $100 respectively.
- The three prize-winning poems will be published in No Tokens, Issue 9—launching in print at AWP 2020.
- The winning poets will also be invited to read their work at the No Tokens Issue 9 Launch party in NYC, Spring 2020.