Quramo Writers’ Prize 2023 invites unpublished African writers to submit fiction prose manuscripts with a minimum word count of 30,000.
Get Your Manuscripts Into Shape, it’s that time of the year again! Yet another opportunity to make your literary and publishing dreams come through. Quramo Publishing Ltd. (QPL) is officially accepting entries for the 6th edition of its annual Quramo Writers’ Prize (QWP) from February 2022.
Entries are invited from: 13th of February to 31st May, 2023
Eligibility for Quramo Prize 2023
- The submission Open worldwide to unpublished African writers. They are inviting unpublished African writers to submit a fiction prose manuscript, with a minimum word count of 30,000. An “African writer” is taken to mean someone who is a national of an African country, with a parent who is African by birth or nationality. The Prize is awarded to a fiction prose manuscript by an African writer published in English, whether they reside in Africa or elsewhere.
- Each entry must be an original, unpublished work.
- Self-published or independently published are also not eligible.
- Entry is free
- Entries should be manuscripts with a minimum of 30,000 words plus one-page synopsis of full-length novels for adults or young adults.
- All submissions should be made through the official Quramo website, and must follow all the submission guidelines explicitly stated on the site as failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification.
Short story collections, plays, and poetry are not eligible.
- All entries must be submitted through the submissions portal on the official Quramo website in the following format:
- Times New Roman font type
- MS Word format
- Font Size 12
- Left justified
- 1.5 line spacing
- Page numbers on each page
- ₦1Million and a Publishing Deal
- Shortlisted writers would be given Feedback, Publishing Deal Consideration, and Creative Writing Workshop
- Longlisted writers would be given the opportunity to be part of Quramo’s Creative Writing Masterclass.