Do you have a book you’d like to send to a publisher? Are you tired of writing and sending out query letters? This pitch-to-publication opportunity is probably what you need.
From 1st July to 26th July 2019, Jacana Media will be giving authors a rare opportunity to pitch their books directly to three big publishers and one high-powered bookseller.
How The Pitching Session Will Work:
Authors will get a chance to participate in a 15–20-minute session where they will pitch their book to a panel.
If you succeed in impressing and persuading the panelists with your book idea, they will consider your work for publication.
Readers will shortlist 20 candidates from a pile of book proposals.
If you’d like to give a 15-20 minutes pitch at the Live Pitching Session on 28 August 2019, here’s how to apply:
- Submit an entry on the Jacana Media Pitch to Publication Submissions Web page.
- In your entry, you’ll be asked to explain why the panelists will be excited about your book pitch, why they should give you a chance.
- Before you fill your application, read the articles recommended on the Pitch to Publication submissions Page
Alongside your manuscript, submit an outline highlighting your plans for the following:
• How you are going to help the publishers to sell your book?
• What target market you can reach with your book?
• How your book fits into the Jacana brand?
In 2019, Jacana Media will consider pitches in the following genres:
• Children’s Literature
• Politics/Current Affairs/History
• Natural History/Travel
All entries must reach the organizers before the 26th of July 2019.
You can email your queries to: [email protected]
Only authors of selected manuscripts will be contacted. . If you don’t hear back from them by 5th August 2019, you can assume that they aren’t interested in hearing your book pitch.