Would you like to get paid to write your book in a tree house in Switzerland? The Jan Michalski Foundation residency program is open for its 2019/2020 session. Writers and translators can start submitting their applications. The treehouses are at the foot of the Swiss Jura Mountains in Montricher
In this 2020 edition, priority will be given to creators of nature writing. If your creative writing explores themes of nature, sustainable living, andsocio-environmental interconnections.
Deadline for submissions: 15th September, 2019.
Who is eligible to apply for the Jan Michalski Foundation (Treehouse) Writer’s Residency Program 2019’/2020?
- Writers and translators from every part of the world. There are no geographical restrictions.
- No entry fees are required.
- Emerging and professional writers are eligible to apply
- Writers who are at least 18 and above.
- Applications can be submitted in English or in French.
What will selected writers and translators receive?
- The Foundation will cover the transportation costs of the residents.
- Residents will receive a monthly allowance of CHF 1200.
- Selected residents will receive breakfast and lunch.
- Electric bikes will be provided for residents to commute with.
- Residents will also be granted free, unlimited access to the library during the day.
How to apply
Applications will be assessed based on three criteria: the quality of the project, the candidate’s professional background and whether or not the duration of the stay matches the scope of the project. Beginners’ applications are assessed based on the quality of the project and the motivation they are able to convey in their application.
A panel of experts chaired by Mrs. Vera Michalski-Hoffmann will make a decision on all applications.
Selected candidates will be contacted individually and a period of residence will be suggested. Only selected candidates will be notified.
Reasons for non-selection will not be provided by the panel.
The application forms for 2019 will be available online starting 1 May 2019 and are due latest
on 15 September 2019
Selection panel: October 2019
Announcement of selected candidates: November 2019
Arrival of the first wave of selected residents: February 2020
How to apply for the Jan Michalski Foundation (Treehouse) Writer’s Residency Program 2019’/2020
- Fill the application form on the Jan Michalski Foundation (Treehouse) Writer’s Residency Program website
- Send all of the requested documents. (Book Proposal, Letter of motivation , Writing CV and Brief Bio)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be submitted before the 15th September, 2019 deadline.
The Economist’s International Essay Competition For Young People (Awards: All expense paid trip to a conference abroad + more) / How to Apply