Cutleaf in partnership with All About Beer is thrilled to offer a call for submissions for beer-related writing.
Cutleaf, in this beer-related submission, seeks short stories, personal essays, poems, or hybrid work in which beer is featured.
While reviewing submissions, they delight in the unexpected. However, they are going to resist sharing specific examples of what this might look like on the page because they want the interpretation of “beer,” and how it figures into your work, to be left up to you, the writer.
Published by EastOver Press, Cutleaf is an online literary journal with an annual print anthology. They welcome unsolicited and unpublished original poetry, short stories, essays, and other nonfiction from established and emerging writers.
Eligibility for Cutleaf Beer-Related Writing
- The competition is open to all.
- Submissions will be open from October 1-December 31, 2022 with a tentative publication date of their beer-themed issue mid-late September 2023.
- The entry is free
1. Manuscripts must be submitted as a MS Word file, double-spaced with numbered pages, set in a standard 12-point font (such as Times New Roman).
2. The author’s name, mailing address and email should appear on the first page of the manuscript.
3. Manuscripts must include a table of contents with page numbers and an acknowledgments page for previous publications of individual sections.
4. Prose submissions should be double-spaced and use a standard 12-point font, such as Times New Roman. Please upload your entire submission as one MS Word file. Be sure to include your name and contact information on the first page.
5.Poems should be single-spaced and use a standard 12-point font, such as Times New Roman. Please upload your entire submission as one MS Word file. Be sure to include your name and contact information on the first page. Cutleaf will pay from $50 to $200 for published poetry. No more than two poems per person.
6. Submission should be made to the all beer submittable
Cutleaf will pay from $100 to $300 for published prose. Please limit your submissions to one per person.