The world’s leading independent media company, Buzzfeed has called for applications for its Editorial Fellowship. The fellowship is a year-long program for “the next generation of writers, editors, and content creators” who have a desire to become highly skilled at social storytelling, through Buzzfeed.com. The fellowship is also highly recommended for anyone who wishes to pursue a career in writing. The deadline for applications is the 20th of December, 2019.
Why You Should Apply:
You will learn to create the type of content that readers love to interact with.
It’s an opportunity to work with, and learn from, members of the Buzzfeed Team.
Who is Eligible:
- People with high emotional intelligence.
- People who are filled with a positive curiosity and a playful disposition.
- People who have a deep love for pop culture, and an interest in social platforms.
- Applicants must have 1-3 years of experience with content writing, either as interns or as freelancers/writing for their own personal blog.
- Applicants must be able to work with critical feedback.
- Experience with design or illustration tools is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
- Write a few brief paragraphs on what topics you would want to write about on Buzzfeed, and a few on what you find interesting about the site.
- Create a Buzzfeed.com/community profile, and create between 2-3 posts that reflect your voice and interests. When submitting your posts, include “This is for the Buzzfeed Fellowship.” After completing your application, you’ll be asked to provide the links to the posts.
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume of not more than a single page.
- Apply here.
- Asides the experience, the selected fellows will be paid $18 per hour.