This competition is brought to you by the César Egido Serrano Foundation and the theme for this flash fiction contest is “The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions”. The theme is coined from the foundations ethos which is ”the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies.”
To participate your stories have to be 100 words or less and should be sent by completing the online form on www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com. Your story should be original and must be unpublished via any means or in any form. Your story should also not have won any awards in the past.
The deadline for submission of original stories will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time )November 23rd, 2017 on the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation).
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate in this competition.
- Original stories should be written in either Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew. A maximum of two stories per author can be submitted.
- An overall prize of $20,000 will be awarded to the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
- $ 1,000 each will be awarded to 3 best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest.
- The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
- The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
- The decision of the jury will be final. The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules.