Are you a student? Are you a writer? Do you want to win a $1000 grant? If your answer is yes to all the questions, then you need to continue reading. You may not be a student but I bet you know more than 1 or 2 students that can use $1000. This grant is to encourage great student writers and to give them a leg up in their studies.
To win, you have to write an expository essay on the topic How Food Affects Our Mood. See the conditions for applying below;
- The length of the essay should be between 500-700 words.
- Please write about three reasons for believing in your thesis statement in the form of body paragraphs and back up your reasons with viable evidence from respected sources.
- Do not write about yourself and don’t explain why you deserve to win the scholarship. We only care about the quality of your writing. Your reasons for participating and the explanations of why you need the money are not relevant in this case.
- Any point of view is acceptable, but use credible evidence in your essay.
- Have an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Who Can Participate?
All genders, ages, and nationalities are welcome to participate. The only requirement is that you should be a current high school/college/university student.
Send an essay to email@example.com before May 31st, 2018. You will receive a notification via your email. Do not send emails several times and do not ask your submission was received.
Together with the essay, add your contact information:
- first name/middle name/surname
- college/high school
- year of graduation
- phone number
All essays will be reviewed by June 10, 2018. Winners will be contacted by June 15, 2018 to discuss how the prize money will be transferred.
Get more information here