Youths from around the world are invited to enter the 2012 International Essay Contest. This essay contest is organized by UNESCO and the Goi Peace Foundation.
The theme of the 2012 essay contest is, “Creating the Future We Want”.
A lot of people have ideas they believe can improve the world. Share your story of how you intend to create the future you want. Explain also how your dreams and ideas can make your vision a reality.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 30, 2012) in one of the following age categories
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 800 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German; or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed
- Essays must have a cover page indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth)
(2) essay title
(3) your name
(5) phone number
(8) age as of June 30, 2012
(10) school name (if applicable)
(11) word count
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays will not be accepted
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizers
Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.