… How Do You Create the Future You Want?
The future starts in the mind, as a vision. As a young person, what kind of future do you wish to create for yourself and the world? Giopeace invites you to share your dream and ideas for making your vision a reality.
Youths from around the world are invited to enter the 2012 International Essay Contest. This essay contest is organized by UNESCO and the Goi Peace Foundation.
The theme of the 2012 essay contest is, “Creating the Future We Want”.
A lot of people have ideas they believe can improve the world. Share your story of how you intend to create the future you want. Explain also how your dreams and ideas can make your vision a reality.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 30, 2012) in one of the following age categories
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 800 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German; or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed
- Essays must have a cover page indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth)
(2) essay title
(3) your name
(5) phone number
(8) age as of June 30, 2012
(10) school name (if applicable)
(11) word count
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays will not be accepted
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizers
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director. Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page at www.goipeace.or.jp and follow the required steps.
Deadline for application is 30 June, 2012
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
The first prize winner will get a Certificate and a prize of 100,000 Yen (approximately US$1,200); the two second prize winners shall receive a Certificate and a prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$600); five third prize winners shall receive a certificate and a gift; while 25 other entrants in the honorable mention category shall get a certificate and a gift.
All prize winners will be announced in November 2012 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site (www.goipeace.or.jp) and UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/youth).
Download Essay Contest 2012 Flyer (PDF) HERE