The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts is looking for, as you might guess, “compressed creative arts.”
The journal of compressed creative arts accepts fiction and creative nonfiction, as long if they are compressed in some way. Work is published weekly, without labels, and the labels here only exist to help us determine its best readers.
Eligibility for The journal of compressed creative arts
- There is no application fee.
- Writers from around the world can apply.
- Your writing must be related to beer.
- Submissions are now open. They will close again on December 15, 2022.
- If you’ve been previously published by the press, please wait a year until submitting again. Thanks.
- Please be sure to submit in the correct category; they have been receiving several fiction submissions in the creative nonfiction category.
- For all submitters, The Journal aren’t as concerned with labels—hint fiction, prose poetry, micro fiction, flash fiction, and so on—as they are with what compression means to you.
- In other words, what form “compression” takes in each artist’s work will be up to each individual. However, they do not publish erotica or work with strong, graphic sexual content.
- Please do not include a cover letter as part of the manuscript document.
- Please include, as part of your cover letter on Submittable, a brief bio. Also, in the cover letter, let us know why you feel this piece works for a journal obsessed with “compression.”
- Please no more than one submission of a single piece in each genre at a time. Please feel free to submit again after receiving a response, but please no more than 3 submissions per genre per reading period.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published anywhere: blogs, personal websites, print and online journals, and so on. Simultaneous submissions are finewith us, but please let us know if the submission has been accepted elsewhere. Failure to do will result in some facsimile of your face being put on the Matter dart board. And no one wants that.
- Please format prose to be singled-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, in a Microsoft Word document, with an extra space between each paragraph. We do not consider poetry with line breaks.
- If you’ve been previously published by The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts, please wait a year before submitting again.
- Submit only via submittable
- Their response time is generally 1-5 days. Also, their acceptance rate is currently about 2% of submissions. They pay writers $50 per accepted piece and signed contract.