SprinNG is currently calling for applications from Nigerian and Ghanaian writers with great potential and willingness to learn.
SprinNG is a Literary Movement and Society founded in 2016 with the aim of promotion, revitalization, and improvement specifically for new Nigerian generations in Writing and Literature. Through their website, they publish reviews, poems, stories, essays, and fiction, all of which engender the soul of the national literature. They founded and manage a Nigerian Writers Database that hosts the biography of about 400 writers. However, the SprinNG Writing Fellowship is for developing writers from both Nigeria and Ghana.
The SprinNG Writing Fellowship (SWF) is an intensive 6-week online mentorship programme focusing specifically on six genres of literature: Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Book Review, Play/Drama, and Blogging. During the six weeks, mentees will constantly be in contact with their mentors, sending them their works and getting reviews and commentaries. Mentors and mentees will aim to work on at least one piece of writing in their select genre per week. Therefore, at the end of the fellowship, mentees should have a complete work for the general anthology.
Eligibility Guidelines for SprinNG Writing Fellowship
- The SprinNG Writing Fellowship is open only to writers who have not published a book before (eBook/hardcopy).
- Applicant Must be a Nigerian or Ghanaian citizen, residing in Nigeria or Ghana
- Applicant Mustbe between the ages 18 to 25
Submission Guidelines for SprinNG Writing Fellowship
- You are expected to write a short biography about yourself, as well as write about your writing style.
- You are to have samples for submission specifically for your preferred category.
- The medium of communication between the mentors and mentees throughout this programme will be via email, phone calls, WhatsApp, and text messages. Additionally, all mentees will be provided weekly N500/¢10 airtime during the programme.
- Submission can only be done through the individual links for each country:
Ghanaian Writers are to submit through this Application Link: https://cgwseries.com/sprinng-writing-fellowship/
Nigerian Writers are to submit through this Application Link: https://tinyurl.com/SprinNGWFNG23
- Questions concerning the fellowship can be directed to SprinNG through their email; [email protected]
January 15 – April 15: Application opens and closes
April: Mentors will be announced
May 15: Finalists will be notified
May 21: Mentees and mentors will be paired
June 1 – July 15: Fellowship Period
The mentorship programme is normally designed to take place over 5 weeks (June 1 – July 7). However, a grace period of one week (July 7 – July 14) has been added for any mentor who is interested in extending the programme beyond 5 weeks.
July 15 – 20: Programme rounds up
August: Mentees profiles and programme reports will be released
December: Publication of mentees anthology
Visit their website for more information concerning the fellowship. Good luck.